Saturday, September 24, 2011

A fall beach day..

It was a beach kind of day.. sounds weird to me when technically the first day of Fall was this past week and I started the day with a pumpkin spice latte, wait let me rephrase that a "tall skinny pumpkin spice latte hold the whip cream". Before I get on with my day, I just need to get out my hidden annoyance with Starbucks, first I feel that all people needs to take Starbucks 101 before they can order there, it's like you need to learn to speak "Starbucks"( It should be an official language). I get a bit nervous as soon as the lady ask me what I want to order, I start to stutter out the long freaking name of just a simple drink and the whole time I fear that she is going to say, what was that mam??? .. ahhh I get anxiety about ordering there, no lie I call my sister every time I go and ask her to text me my order so I can read it from the phone..

Ok, enough about that, back to our day! Though it was nice and cool this morning some girls and I decided to head to the beach, since the boys are working all weekend.. blah blah blah.. did I also mention that I hate the football season!

So while the boys are working, the girls will play! We went to Capatola Beach and ate by the beach and then shopped around, it was too cold to get by the water since the fog decided it wanted to hang around for a while.  However, we then decided to head over to the boardwalk, and I will tell you, I had no idea what a boardwalk really was. Now, why I have never thought to ask or look it up, I have no idea, but it was so fun!! It is literally a carnival right on the beach. Most of you are going duh Casey, but give me some credit, in Texas we have fairs in the middle of NO WHERE and Beaches are not really beaches, so much less combine the two! All I have to say is I totally know why everyone wants to buy the boardwalk in the monopoly game first ( well besides you get the most rent), but most importantly I know that Drake will now be going back with me multiple times. I loved it.. and I can't wait to play putt putt, ride bumper cars, ride the rides, eat every fatty thing possible and lay on the beach all with Easton when he gets a bit older.

Here are some pictures from our day!

At lunch, just happy as a lark!


Beach time!!


At the boardwalk.. I am getting him ready for Halloween! :)

Happiest Kid on the boardwalk!


How can you not have fun with this guy all day! I love him but I don't love that spit uo on his shirt!! So annoying!!


First ride!!


Thanks for the fun day mom, I think I will sleep now!


1 comment:

  1. fun! we were there for the junior league social... y'all should have stopped by. :) i still want to meet your little guy.

    ReplyDelete