Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's offical..

I live in California legally!! Yes, I spent my whole day yesterday visiting the San Jose DMV.. not a place I would put on the must visit list in the Bay Area, well unless you want to learn a new language or just get some good people watching. I think I was the only person whole spoke English there, and the only person who knew how to count. People would not go when their number's were called and then would want to cut in front of you.. oh it was so fun! I quickly learned that I was going to have to take a written driving test to be able to get a licence, which is odd since I took one at 16 and have been driving for 10 years, I guess they wanted to make sure I didn't forget how to drive.. annoying..

I was a bit scared about the test, I am not going to lie, I was the girl in the back with the study guide blocking my face, trying to read over all the specific rules. After passing the test with much relief, I was waiting for the official licence to get printed and get my new plates handed over, and I was going to be on my jolly way after 4 hours of being there. But no, the state wanted to make sure I got a warm welcome, so the entire system decided to shut down, halting all business for the rest of the day. So where did I have to go spend my morning again, yep at the DMV... but we are all good now and I have an official California Licences and some plates to match on my car!! ( I am in a good mood today, so I won't talk about the cost difference to registrar your car here, I am sure we all know how that story ends:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment