Saturday, November 20, 2010

Super Saturday...

In remembrance of the "Super Saturday Schools" I used to teach on Saturday's, I thought I would reflect on the things that I have learned or more less thought interesting  since I have moved!!

1) Rain - (since it is raining today) Here in San Jose it can be what the weather man calls pouring and you would not even know it if you were in a building.. you can't hear the rain, it is so light! In Dallas, when it is pouring you defiantly know, in most cases you have to turn up the volume on your TV so you can hear the TV. .. it is kinda nice that the rain is so light, makes it easy to run through it when you are out and about!

2) Temperatures - 45 degrees here does not feel like what 45 degrees in Texas feels like.. which blows my mind, 45 degrees should be 45 degrees... not that I am complaining, because 45 degrees here is actually wonderful, and 45 degrees in Texas feels like below freezing and on the opposite end of the spectrum 100 degrees is no where what 100 degrees in Texas feels like.. now I really understand the effects of humidity! I used to just talk about humidity like I knew what I was talking about, but now I really do! :)

3) Bananas - I  know odd, but I have been baffled by the fact that I can buy bananas and they stay good, no brown gross spots for over a week and a half, maybe two weeks if I had left them that long.. This amazes me. I used to buy bananas and literally 3 days later they would all be bad.. so annoying!! So I could be making up this lesson, but the air is different here, so my bananas stay good longer, which is nice!

4) Air Conditioners - Well these don't exist in most houses here ( some do have them)! So at first I thought how in the world do you not function off artificially cool air.. well I have come to find that open windows at night are actually really peaceful, and it cools down really nice at night, so I get to snuggle in lots of blankets! ( I will add that there have been and will be a few nights in the whole year that I will be hating that we don't have an AC, but I can live with that)

5) Dust-  In Dallas, the sun is always beating down on you and on your lovely furniture in your house! I swear I would dust and a day later it would look like I had lost my pledge bottle for months.. Here however, I don't feel like the sun is ever just beating down on me, or in our house.. so there is a lot less dust! Which makes me happy since I am now the maid for the house!

All of these things in a big or small way relate to just different climates and physical locations of property in the US, which till the last few months, I never really understood how big of an effect the climates really make on your life and the things you feel. Now, I am not dumb I knew that weather was different and physical chartatrictics where different in parts of the world, but I didn't realize how it makes everyday life have simple changes.. such an interesting world we live in!

Nature is a crazy thing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment