Monday, May 9, 2011

Carmel...

This past weekend, Drake and I squeezed in about as much as we could being that it was our last weekend just the two of us. We headed down to Carmel on Saturday morning and it was so pretty, we had perfect weather and just so dang cute! We first ate lunch right on the water, and then headed to the main drag area where there was shopping and a short walk to the beach. We played on the beach, then headed up to "the Cottage of Sweets" ( USA today ranked it a #1 candy shop in 2009) so I had to try it!
We then headed over to Clint Eastwood's bar ( The Hog's Breath) and watch the Kentucky Derby! Chloe even got to join us at the bar! We made it home around 5, only to rush over to watch the next sporting event and some annoying fight that Drake could not miss! ( I am sure he calls my trip to Carmel annoying so I went to the bar for the game and fight happily)

Sunday we were able to make it up to Donald's house ( Drake's brother) and watch Sara and Shea get confirmed. It was great to see his two sisters, Lisa and Tracy along with the kiddos as well. We had a little BBQ and then we were off to the Sharks game! The game was fun, since the sharks are doing so well, the place was crazy! The did not win, but hopefully will do better than the Lakers ( Drake is still upset about this loss)!


I am not sure it can get much prettier than this!


This is how Chloe toured Carmel!


Beach time, and Pebble Beach in the background!


You would have to stop here too, tons of sweets and all kinds, I think it took me 30 mins to decide and then I ended up getting one of everything I was picking between!

Drake and Chloe at the bar!!
  
My best little friend!





 Needless to say Drake and I were in bed in about 2 seconds after we finally walked in the door last night! I loved it though, I could not have asked for a better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment