Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just a waiting...

So May is finally here, I really never thought it would arrive. I have been more anxious about May getting here then I ever was about my wedding date, which is really the only other thing major in my life that I have counted down. ( Mostly due to the fact that getting fatter by the day was not as fun as losing weight by the day for your wedding date :) ) Oh the things I have already done for this child, he has no idea how hard this has been for me to carry him for 10 months.

What I have come to realize is how hard being a mom really is.. I have an all new respect for mothers, i don't think I have ever realized how much they really sacrifice for their children!! As I am about to meet my little guy a thousand things are running through my head and you will be surprised that one that I am not worried the least bit about is LABOR... I know some of you will be shocked since I have always thought Labor looked horrible.. but at this point I figure Labor will be over by the end of the day, however feeding and taking care of my child will just be beginning and it scares me to death.

How are you suppose to know what a baby is telling you and how are you suppose to all of a sudden know how to feed a baby on your own, change the diaper( without getting peed on), get them to sleep, get yourself to sleep and well my list of questions could go on.. but I feel like this might be the hardest job I have ever done!

The other weird thing is the word "my son" .. in less then two weeks I will be looking at my son ( which by the way, I can't wait to find out if he has a full head of hair or not.. if he has blue or brown eyes.. etc.. ) Let's just say it again, "My son" .. really I have a son.. so weird sounding to me!

Either way, I can't wait for May 17th or any day he chooses to come join us to be here and start this process, and the last month has truly been fun for Drake and I.. he has finally gotten really excited and asks me hundreds of questions, in which case I don't ever know the answer to, but I want him to think I do, so I make answers up!:) SHHH.. don't tell! Drake has been really sweet and might be even more ready for his little guy than I am.  We have taken the last month to do as much as we can before we might be limited some, it has been fun to just do things just the two of us, since it will be soon 3.. ok ok.. sorry Chloe soon be 4!

Till May 17th however, I will continue to enjoy my sleep and time with Drake, however this is how most nights end up at our house.. Yes drake really needs his little guy to get here and play with him..

1 comment:

  1. umm you need to fix paragraph 1. You know my birth was a really BIG day! gosh.

    ReplyDelete