Tuesday, November 8, 2011

3 years of Marriage and 3 houses later...

So lets hope this trend of moving every year does not keep up, I simply can't handle another move for a while! Good news though is that we are officially all moved and all back to normal! I survived the weekend on my own and still made it to all 3 of my events. I was pretty happy with the outcome of the weekend.

Recap:

Friday: God knew I could not do this alone and was of course watching over me and sent me an little gift and she goes by the name of Gina Smalley! She is a lady in my bible study group, who called me on Friday and offered to take Easton off my hands for the whole day. It was truly a God send, because she kept him and I got a big chunk of stuff done on Friday! I am so thankful for her. Friday night, my MOPS group had a date night opportunity, where you can drop your kid off for 3 hours and then go out on a date with your husband. So even though Drake was gone, I sure did take Easton over there, and then I went to Wendy's and Target all by myself! Now, that is a date night I know you all dream of! :)

Saturday: Moving day is here, the movers were also wonderful, they got me loaded, and unloaded all by 1pm on Saturday! It was great.. My other God Send was my other friend named Gina, who came and took Easton to the mall with her and watched him for the day. She also then took him home with her and watched him all night so I could go to my first Junior League Charity Event that I had signed up to volunteer at. I owe her big time! Without her, I would have been crying in the corner, I am sure of it.

Sunday: I woke up at like 5am with the dumb time change and had this great idea that I was going to get all this stuff unpacked, however Easton was not on board with my idea. The next few hours proved how wonderful the girls who watched Easton all weekend had been.. I didn't get one box unpacked when I was by myself with Easton. I couldn't even pull out my bad mom moves and put Estien on over and over, we didn't have it hooked up. The day got better, because Easton went to his first birthday party for our friend Sloane and then our friend Lindsay came over and watched Easton while I finished a huge chunk of boxes.
Once agian, I am so thankful for all my friends who helped me, I would literally be sitting in boxes still.

Monday: Drake took off the day after a short meeting in the morning and I had a game plan for us.. I was the coach and he was the player, I told him the play and he executed them. It was great team work and in the in, I would say that we won, because we had every box out of the house, the garage cleaned out and I could park in there!  ( Just for those who are counting: Number of times Drake has been around for a move (0)  and number of times Casey has been around (3) .. I am not liking this score)

All in all, I am happy with the new house, things turned out pretty good and I know that Goodwill is staying in business with all of our moves, I just keep cleaning out or maybe I have a fear of being on the hoarders show or something I don't know.. let's just hope that we don't have another move for a while!

Here are some pics..











Chloe is making sure that she does not get left, she unsure about all of this.


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh casey it looks great! i totally forgot you were moving this weekend... I cannot believe you got everything settled so quickly. you have some wonderful friends for sure :)

    ReplyDelete