Thursday, April 11, 2013

Offically a big boy and offically ready for a newborn.. kinda! :)


This week my mom and I have been hard at work getting Easton's big boy room together and getting our newest addition a room to reside in come July! The past month has been a bit surreal for me, Easton is growing up way to fast all right before my eyes! Being that I have never been around toddlers, I will say that their ability to learn and pick up things at a rapid pace still boggles my mind. Easton in a matter of a month has come out of now where and learned all his letters ( minus V and C, for some reason he can't remember them), learned to count to 10, can sing a few songs ( kinda clearly) and knows where to get his diapers and where to throw them away, now if he could just change himself or hey better yet potty train himself! ;)

With all his big boy days lately it is only fitting that he has a big boy room before he becomes a big brother in a few months. So that is exactly what he has now, a big boy room filled with non other than airplanes.. he has an obsession! :)








Now with one nursery gone, we had to add another! So little baby Drake has some really cute digs waiting for him or her too! I love this room, it is clean and simple which is one of my favorite trends right now. The room worked out really good being that I wanted to keep our guest bed in the room along with the crib! Poor second baby doesn't get near the stuff that the first gets, but Easton is willing to share MOST of his ( he is into " NO MINE" right now). With just 3 1/2 short months we are ready for the little one to arrive, minus clothes! I should be embarrassed by the lack of clothes this child has compared to what was hanging in Easton's closet at this point!

Here is the room, ready for a boy or a girl.. you can't tell in the pictures very well but the mirror and the curtains are both a mint green color! The rest is gray and white! Once the little one arrives, I will add a rose pink or something if it is a girl, and then some boy stuff if it's a boy! So as you can see Grandma Maggie has shopping to do in July! ;)










1 comment: