Monday, January 10, 2011

Earthquake..

So I know it might be weird, but when I found out we were moving to California, one of my comments to Drake was, " Oh yea, I bet I get to experience an earthquake while we are there." I know for a fact at that moment he had to rack his brain and wonder why he married me, I know he thinks I am crazy. However, the fact of the matter is, in Texas we deal with hurricanes a bit ( Houston and the coast mainly) and we deal with tornadoes ( across the state), but earthquakes are not on our radar.

 I just thought it would be neat to say I have felt an earthquake before, of course I would never wish a major one on us, but a minorearthquake, what harm is that. :) Well, Friday was my lucky day, I can honestly say I felt the earthquake. It was only a 4.1 magnitude. However, I was at the house in the kitchen and I felt a weird feeling and thought it was a bit odd, but I did not think much about it. What do you know though 10 mins later on the news, there is breaking news of an earthquake that was in Morgan hill and was felt all in the San Jose area.

I can now officially knock off "experiencing an earthquake" off my list of things to experience!

1 comment:

  1. i wanted to feel it too! but, i was driving during that time and didn't even notice it. oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete