Saturday, January 1, 2011

** Happy New Year!!! **

Well 2010 has come and gone so fast, I think I just blinked and it was over! However, I could not be more excited to finally be in 2011, in 4 1/2 short months we will be able to welcome the newest member to our family!! I do have to admit that I am officially worried about how Chloe will handle this addition, simply because she has been a big BRAT over the last few weeks and thinks she is Miss Thing and can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants.. so needless to say I don't know if she will like 2011, it could be the year of a rude awakening for her! :)

As this year comes to a close however, Drake and I find ourselves blessed with yet again another great year. Although 2010 brought on a bunch of changes for us, we finally have closed out the year realizing that all that really matters is that we have each other and we are healthy! Thus leads me to one of my favorite new year eves to date. Drake and I decided that after lots of travel in the past few months and more travel in our near future, that it would be nice to just stay at home for New Year's this year. We did exactly that, Drake cooked some lamp chops on the grill, and I cooked vegetables, baked potatoes, and creme brulee!! Drake had never made lamb chops and I had never made creme brulee, so we were both a bit nervous about our end results, however I must say that both turned out fabulous! ;) Maybe next year we should take reservations for our house and charge people a set price for a set menu! :) ( I hate how everyone does that on NYE) We then made our way to the couch and watched a movie and enjoyed every minute of the night just the two of us, well plus Miss thing ( chloe)!


Our little dinner on NYE!


Drake's Lamb Chops! YUMMY!


My Creme Brulee!!

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” - 2 Corinthians 5:17

                               HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May you have a blessed 2011! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment