Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Papa Bear..

This weekend Heaven gained another angel, My Papa Bear (my grandfather). Although we are all selfishly sad to see him go, he is free from pain now. He had been suffering from cancer and different infections. He asked not to have a service however I feel that this poem that I found is perfect for him:

God saw you getting tired,
When a cure was not to be.
So He wrapped his arms around you,
and whispered, "come to me."

You didn't deserve what you went through,
So He gave you rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He only takes the best

And when I saw you sleeping,
So peaceful and free from pain
I could not wish you back
To suffer that again.

- Author Unknown

                                                     I love you and Miss you Papa Bear!


My Papa Bear and I when I was born!


1 comment:

  1. I love and Miss you dearly papa bear. I think about you more than you know. I hope you are snoring nice and loud and keep everyone awake up there!I tought about how Casey and I would run really fast down the hall past your room because the snoring scared us! I wouldnt have it any other way. :)

    ReplyDelete