Sunday, November 18, 2012

A little cooking and little gifting..


 

I am defiantly getting ready for the Holiday season! I started the weekend out by going to my MOPS meeting, where part of my leadership position is missionary work for our group. We decided to participate in Operation Christmas Child, and our group packed up over 70 boxes!


So here I am loading up all the boxes! Thank goodness for the little cart! ;)

Here is where all our boxes are going!  Wish I could see the smiles on their faces when they get their boxes!

...and in case you were wondering, this is where they will be going!!

Then Saturday I got up to meet some girlfriends of mine at a cooking class at Sur La Table! ( Not pronounced "Table" as I was corrected! :) ) We baked up some yummy holiday treats! We started off with Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake bites! Yummy! However, we then made homemade rolls, and if anyone knows me well, they know that I only need rolls at holiday feasts, I can skip the turkey and all the sides, and just eat rolls! So needless to say, I ate way to many rolls. I even brought home 2 for Drake, but ate both in the car on my drive home! Bad girl , I know.

So I guess I will share my favorite tip from the class. **When your recipe calls for melted butter, then put your stick of butter on the top of the oven as it is preheating, and you will have perfectly melted butter**





Kristin was cooking and cleaning, her husband would be so proud! ;)

Then I finished the Day off with Drake, Easton and I going to shop for our little boy we picked off the angel tree! This boy, Marcos, wanted a soccer ball and shin cards. So this was perfect! Easton picked up a bunch of balls of the shelve and kept putting them in the cart! He just kept saying, Ball, Ball, Ball.. it started to get annoying! Drake was like having another kid with me at target, the two boys were playing chase in the clothes while I stood in the long line at Target to check out. Never go on a Saturday night to target. I was all checked out and literally just waiting for the boys to come back to the front, I couldn't find them! I was thankful that Drake was with me, I would have never made it through the line with him occupying Easton!

So all in all, we had a great weekend and we are ready for some Turkey and Stuffing this week, and well of course some more rolls!




1 comment:

  1. Who needs anything else but rolls? I'm with you on that one!

    ReplyDelete