Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Daddy's 60th birthday party...



This past Friday night, was one of the best nights! My mom threw a surprise 60th birthday party for my Dad. For those of you who know my Dad, there was no telling how he was going to take the surprise that 50 people were having a party at his house tracking in mud on the wettest day Austin has had in years. ( My poor mom got the worst weather day possible, but it all worked out perfect in the end.)

So the boys and I, and of course Chloe flew in on Friday, and Drake came from Atlanta and met us there! We had scheduled our flights to land 8 mins from each other. ( yes, 8min is random but it is true) Well I figured there was no way it would work out, but it DID! :) After going through the (tunnel as Easton screamed to the whole plane) of black storm clouds and landing in flash flood warnings, we were happy to find that both planes were on time, not the case for all the other people in the airport they were sadly all delayed and the airport was crazier than I have ever seen it!

We get all loaded up and to the house and 2 hours later people start to arrive! My mom had a whole plan for his friend to be with him and to have him ride with him back to the house for a simple "pizza night" with a couple they hang out with. Well when he turned on to our street, he got quite the surprise, instead there were 50 people standing in the driveway screaming and holding birthday signs! The video of him in the car driving up, is the best thing ever! :) He was so happy!

Drake and I stayed back with Easton, so that he would see all his friends, and not see us yet. He wouldn't expect us to come in for the party. So as he started up the sidewalk with his friends, we let Easton out the door and he screamed at the top of his lungs as he ran down the sidewalk "POP POP POP". To see the reaction and smile on my Dad's face was priceless and it was all so cute!

The rest of the night was wonderful, and he was completely surprised! He had a great night! My mom gets all the credit, she didn't miss a detail and made the party look super cute as usual! All in all, a great night despite the rain that tried to ruin the party!



















No comments:

Post a Comment