Thursday, October 3, 2013

Now would be a good time for some confessions...


So back in January, I decided that it would be good to acknowledge the things that I do to basically get through the day, and might not win me "Mom/Wife of the year award". Well being that Drake and I are halfway through our 2 months of being apart while we move to Atlanta, I could not think of a better time for this blog post..

So here we go,

1) I often lie to Mr. Easton! He won't be quiet these days, it is always Mommy this and Mommy that! ( why did I want him to talk?? ) So to shut him up, I tell him what he wants to hear, but half the time I do not follow through! ahhh I should stop I know, but to be honest half of the time I just forget what he wanted, but don't worry he will remind you! :)

2) I am not sure the last time Easton has had a real breakfast! The morning is always crazy trying to get out the door, so I just hand him anything he can eat in the car! I am pretty sure today was pretzels! This has got to stop!

3) McCoy sometimes just has to cry while I am attending to my very demanding 2 year old. I feel so bad, because I hear him crying, but I need to help Easton too. But here is where it gets bad, I get done helping Easton and I just need something for myself, so I continue to let him cry and go get my coke/chocolate/coffee, you get the drift! :) I feel I need a treat to get me through the madness, and poor McCoy is just crying! #badmom

4) With Easton I gave him a bath every night, and he got cute little PJ's to wear. Well I can count on one hand how many baths McCoy has had in 2 1/2 months, and I have decided there is not difference between PJ's and onesies for infants, so McCoy wears his outfit he wore for the day to bed! Less Laundry for me to do! However, I feel bad!

5) Bed time is sometimes 6:30 just so I can get a glass of wine and start my shows! :) Homeland got me through the first month! :)

Recap of the last 48 hours: Easton pucks boarding the plane, we get on the plane, we fly 4 hours with a broken Ipad, we go to the grocery store, mom forgets her wallet, we have to go get it and go back,  we get up the next day, Easton pucks, No daycare for the day, mom wants to cry, Easton pucks in the car, Mom takes Easton to the Dr, No meds given, just wait it out! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Only 14 more days till we see Daddy, hope we make it!

So I am sure you can tell, we are making it over here one day at a time, but the final confession is that none of the above would be any different even if Drake was here with me during this crazy time. I would still do it all the same because all that matters is that each day I fall more in love with these two baby boys and miss my husband more and more, which only really tells me how blessed I am with my sweet family!

He will melt your heart with his smile he has been showing off these days, however it's hard to catch his smiles on the camera, he is sneaky! ;)


1 comment:

  1. I consider myself a success if Joely gets an organic pop-tart. Most mornings it's fruit snacks, an Oreo and some yogurt (basically whatever we have in grabbing-range). Gotta love mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete