Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Treats...

This Christmas season has been a very different season then in the past. For starters I actually had time to enjoy the season. With more free time, I took full advantage to take part in all Christmas traditions, which I regretful have to admit I have not done in the past. Christmas seasons tend to turn in to people running around with their heads cut off, and running from one event to another yet never getting a chance to stop and actually enjoy the time.

This year I can honestly say ( not sure this is a good thing) that I watched every FALALALA Lifetime Christmas movie they aired. Yep, I put them on Tivo and watched them when I had down time. It was so nice to sit in front of the Christmas tree, drink hot chocolate and watch good ole family Christmas movies!

I also went to see a few different Christmas light displays, not to mention made it to the city twice to see the Christmas decorations and festivities.. on one weekend I saw a Santacon ( aka pup crawl) but Santa's were everywhere!

Macy's might be my favorite building here in the city when it is lite up!!! So pretty, however inside their store is another story, always a mess, but my guess is because everyone thinks it is the last day to use their famous WOW coupon that is 1 day only.. however this 1 day only coupon is only to be followed by 25 more coupons. It cracks me up the number of Macy's mailings I have received this year..

To finish up my holiday season ( here in California) I spent a whole day baking for friends and Drake's coworkers.. It was so nice to spend a whole day in my PJ's cooking and well of course taste testing my creations.

Here are some pictures from the Season and my new wish is that I take time every year to really enjoy the season and not rush around no matter how busy the future years may be! :) .. Next year I will be adding Taking Easton to go see Santa to my list of things to do. :) Can't wait..


This was maybe a 100th of the number of Santa's I saw in one day! :) It was so funny, but I would have been so confused as a kid!!

Drake's mom and I in front of the Macy's building!!

Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies with little Kisses, Drake's favorite!


I called this operation Cinnamon Roll. Growing up one of my best friends Amber's Mom, made this Cinnamon roll in the shape of a candy cane, it was always my favorite. Making it from scratch scared me, but it turned out ok.. I still have room for improvement, but I will call it a success!!


Puppy Chao.. I think I ate half of this before I gave anyone any, oops I can account a few pounds to this for sure!
 Now we are off to Texas to finish up the Holiday Season and Enjoy some family time!!

                                                     Merry Christmas !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment