Wednesday, March 30, 2011

E News.. Easton we are Ready for you!

It is official, we are 100% ready for Mr. Easton to make his arrival! My mom was in town, and while she was here she was an energizer bunny! She worked and worked and worked, and I can tell you if she hadn't been here, then we would still be overwhelmed just looking at all the baby stuff! How does such a little person, need so much??

Grandma Maggie ( aka my mom) washed every single outfit down to the hats and socks. All burp cloths, blankets and linens have been washed. Bottles have been washed!  All the toys and big items that Easton will need in the first month have been put together, taken out of packages and stocked with batteries! ( Bassinet, Activity Mat, Bouncer, Bobby pillow, stroller, etc)..on the battery note, I think we might go broke buying batteries, I had no idea they all needed batteries!

Grandma Maggie also helped me finish the room, painted the changing table and help me get monitors and things like that all put in a place in the room. If any of you know me really well, you will know I have been freaking out about all this "Baby Crap" sitting out making me house look, well like baby! So many of you will be happy to know that I am finally relieved because everything fit in a cabinet, basket, etc.. tucked away nicely in it's little spot! You won't even know we have a baby when you walk in! :)

I was even putting up a fight about a glider/rocking chair, since I didn't have a good spot for one, but Grandma Maggie got us a rocking chair, and not just the chair but a pillow and throw to make sure that the chair coordinates with the living room, so now I feel like it matches and fits right in! :)

Here is the final product, I hope Easton loves his stuff as much as I do:



This is a picture of Drake when he was little, and I just had to put it in his room! How cute was he! We also have the sweater, so when Easton is big enough, I am going to try to get the same picture of him in the sweater!




Chloe thinks this is her new ride!
 Ok, so I guess I should have put 95% ready for Easton, we have one last thing to do, but it is Drake's job, so we all know when it will get done! :) We have to get a new car( we are at the end of a lease), and so first we need to find a car, and then the car seats need to be installed!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great!!! Can't wait to see pics of the handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete