Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to School...



Every year for as long as I can remember, I have always gotten giddy for the back to school section that gets displayed in late July early August at the stores. I always loved school as a kid so getting all new school supplies was always a big day at my house. I loved when I scored that "super cool 5 star trapper keeper binder".. yea you can call me a nerd. I was just as organized and OCD about things as I am today.

In college it wasn't as much about the school supplies as it was about getting that first day of class syllabus that was then going to outline my whole semester and tell me what parties I was going to be able to enjoy drinking some good ole drinks ( of course only after I was 21) and which parties I was going to have to get up and study for an exam the next day! I loved mapping out the semester with all the classes and color coding my calender with the different classes! yep, I was still a nerd..

Then as a teacher, I got to do all of this in one, what a dream!:) Each year I bought all new supplies for my classroom ( knowing good and well that my students were going to trash it all). I also got to plan out my lessons and semester, making sure I was covering all my topics. Let's just say I never really complained about going backing to school, even when it was called work.

So the last two years have been a little hard for me considering, I did not get to do any of this. I always tried to think of something fun I could buy out of the school supply section, like a fun binder or something, but since I really had not one use for it, it was really no fun! I have been sad as all my friends go back to school, and I still do the same ole same ole with my little man!

But this year ladies and gentleman, this will be different, because I am going back!!!!!!!!!!!! You are looking at the newest 8th grade math teacher for Quimby Oak Middle School for the next 60 something school days! :) Yea, so it's not full time, but it's a long term sub position for a teacher on maternity leave, and it feels so good to be going back.

This whole job totally feel in my lap, so I know it is God's answer to my prayers, as I have really been itching to go back, however not totally wanting to go back. You know that job that every mom wants, the one where you go to work when your kid is driving you nuts and you stay home when your kid is being super sweet. Yea, I prayed for that kind of job, and this is what God came up with. It is actually pretty awesome, because I get to truly see what a full time job is like, with out having to commit to a long time period. I am calling it a trail run, if I totally regret doing it, it is only 60 days and afterwards I can be a litte more thankful for my opportunity to stay home, and if I love it, then I know for sure that I need to get a full time job! It really is the best of both worlds. (However,  Drake is not sure this is the "best of both worlds" because he will now be getting Easton up, feed, and dressed and will be dropping him off with Miss Diana, every morning!!)

So with that, I am off to target to get me some supplies and Monday I will be at work working on my syllabus! :)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's so exciting! I work two days a week and it's perfect. It gives me a chance to get away from Asher and use my brain. Not sure how much I'll love it after number two is born- gonna play that by ear...can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete