Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wow...

Warning: If you do not want to be naustated by how wonderful my husband is, then you should stop reading now! :)

Today was my birthday, and I have never made a huge deal out of my birthday. I did think that this was going to be a good birthday only becuase I got to celebrate with my parents who are in town. As we are starting to get older, there are less and less birthday's that you get to spend with your parents, so this was really all I needed. I had made plans with my mom to go walk around Los Gatos and get some lunch and I was pretty much a happy camper!

However, Drake had his own plans. He gave me a card in the morning, and then proceeds to say, well your gift you will get later.. so in my head I am thinking yea he has to go pick something up still, I get it.. blah blah blah.. However, he 100% surprised me and told me that I needed to be dressed and ready to go by noon. At noon, I would also need to have instructions for a baby sitter for the rest of the day. WHAT IN THE WORLD I am thinking.. he also said I should have eaten by noon too....

So my Mom, Easton and I walk to a little resturant close by and eat some lunch together.. below you can see my cute little lunch date!




Then we came home and a baby sitter showed up at the house, and when I walked outside there was a car waiting to pick us up. Yep, Drake got a car service to take us up to the city. What we were doing in the city, I was still unsure....

The driver pulls up at Bloomingdales and says this is your destation. So we go in, and I have directions to go to the concierge desk. I find that, and then I am lead to a lovely lady named Amanda, who is my OWN PERSONAL SHOPPER FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Amanda had picked out at least 50 outfits, tops, shirts, necklaces, shoes, purses, you name it.. and it was all put together in a dressing room for me, where I could just try on till my heart was content. So that is what I did for the next 2 hours.. did I mention they I got to sip champane and eat choclate while doing this too.. it was absloutly wonderful .

While I was shopping too, Drake surprised me and drove up to the city to surprise me and check on me. It was really sweet! I was glad that he got to be there, becuase he planned it all so it was fun to get to share it with him. It was also so special to get to do all this with my mom. It was all perfection.

At the end, I could pick whatever I wanted and it was all bagged up for me and I was out the door. Let's just say that my closet has a whole new look, and I will be one of the best dressed mom's at the park! :)

Today was the best birthday I have ever had, and I am not sure I have ever been as surprised as I was. I had no idea or even a clue he was up to something. I was pretty much speechless, and I actually am not sure that has ever happend to me before. The toughtfulness that Drake put into the day, to make sure it was all organized, lined up, and all detials were taken care of is truely the biggest part of the gift. The clothes are great, but the idea that came from Drake's heart is really what had me smiling from ear to ear and beaming today.



Our car service


A little wine before our shopping trip

Some of the stuff set up.



My surprise during my shopping spree

Thank you Michael Drake for a wonderful day, I love you very much, and I promise you have redemmed yourself from all bad gift giving talk, so I promise to never speak of it again! :)

At this rate, I can't wait to see what next birthday brings... Kidding! :) I think he is good for another 5 years!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! Casey - that is such an amazing birthday surprise!! Glad you had a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete