Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Swim Lessons...

McCoy started his first round of swim lessons today.. He did great! Clearly I know he is not going to come out of these swimming by any means, but I want to make sure he is used to the water and not scared! If today was any indication of his comfortableness in the water, we might just have a little swimmer on our hands one day! He did really well, and didn't cry once as I literally dunked him! ( And Yes, all the other new moms looked at my like I was crazy for just throwing him in to get his face all wet)

Then it was Easton's turn for swim lessons. He does not get the same grade on his report card as McCoy did! If you can picture the mom running after her child at the park every five seconds, well that was me but in the pool! So Easton would swim off, run off ( its a beach front pool) and then I would splish/splash after him.. we were quite a sight. Meanwhile all the other sweet little kiddos are standing in their spots on the wall where the teacher told them to. The problem lies in the fact that this swim lesson program makes me get in the pool with him, and he doesn't listen to me. He also thinks it is play time, not lessons when I am with him. So we will not be doing these lessons for him again.. till they let me sit nice and dry on the side of the pool!

Not to mention, after two hours of shuffling kids from the pool, to showers to the childcare room so each of them could get a 30 minute lessons, I was beat! So next week hopefully Easton gets to go to another class!

McCoy and his buddy Jackson before Class started! 

He is ready because he thinks it's play time! 






No comments:

Post a Comment